Miljuschka’s wonderful watermelon salad
This watermelon and coconut salad recipe by Dutch kitchen goddess Miljuschka instantly makes me feel like I am having lunch at a tropical beach. Close enough! And the best part? Making it takes only 15 minutes. Click here for the original recipe in Dutch, and give it a try. Bon appétit!
– Half a watermelon
– 80g grated coconut
– A few sprigs of fresh mint
– 175g feta cheese
– 100ml cream
– 75g cream cheese
1. Mix the cream, the cream cheese and 75 grams of the feta cheese together to create a nice and creamy substance.
2. Use a melon baller to take bite-size pieces out of the watermelon. If you don’t have a melon baller, you can just cut the watermelon into cubes (or any bite-size shape you like, really. Feel free to get creative!).
3. Toast the coconut in a hot baking pan.
4. Time to plate! First, put the cream on the plate or in the bowl that you are using. Crumble half of the leftover feta cheese onto the cream, and top it with the toasted coconut. Finally, add the rest of the feta cheese and the watermelon and finish your salad with some fresh mint leaves.
That was easy, right? Enjoy your summery salad!
Welcome to the garden of EARTHLY DELIGHTS
You may not think of Frida Kahlo as a typical gardener – can you imagine her in rubber boots? – but together with her beloved Diego she turned the garden of their ‘Casa Azul’ into a luscious paradise of locally sourced flora.
How to keep your heels and standards HIGH
Ruthie Davis is just like the amazing shoes she designs: daring, empowering and totally fabulous. After making Reebok hip again and completely revamping Uggs, she launched her own brand 10 years ago and quickly became the go-to designer for feminine feminists like Beyoncé and Lady Gaga.
“Unlock Your Potential” book launch in Amsterdam
The second workshop and launch of Marlies’ new book ‘Unlock your potential’ is a fact!
Selfmade STAR maker
She grew up in a town with 3 traffic lights; now Lisa Benson represents some of the top names in the industry like Chanel Iman, Chrissy Teigen and Kelly Rohrbach. I met up with the IMG model manager to talk about the art of persistence and the importance of dreaming big. “I always trust my instinct.”