We take responsibility for all the personal data – such as your name, address, email address and date of birth – that you provide us with or that we obtain through purchases, subscribing to our newsletter or when you create a personal account on marliesdekkers.com.
These details are kept within the Dare to Be B.V. acting as the party responsible for your personal data under the Dutch Data Protection Act and its subsidiaries acting as personal data assistants/processors on behalf of the mother company. Dare to Be B.V. maintains and processes your personal data in the Netherlands and in accordance with this Act.
We also take responsibility for all the personal data that we find out on recruitment or in competitions. If you have any questions regarding your application and your personal details, please find contact information at marliesdekkers.com under ‘Contact’.
Dare to Be B.V. will not pass on your personal details to third parties.
Why do we collect data?
In providing your personal details you consent to us using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and provide the service you expect. This will include processing of orders for shipping, sending information such as new services or other marketing offers which may be of interest and also to notify you of any changes or enhancement to our services by either email, telephone or mail from MD Group BV or marlies|dekkers webshop. Your details may also be used to monitor traffic to and from our webshop to help us improve the performance, design and layout of the site. In the event of any problem with delivery of your items, we will use the information to get in contact with you.
If you would like to know which data we collected or if you don’t want the marlies|dekkers webshop to use your data for marketing offers, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive the marlies|dekkers webshop newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Deleting your data at marlies|dekkers
To delete your data, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete all personal data linked to your email address. We cannot delete data on invoices, but we will make them anonymous. Within 2 weeks, all your personal data will be removed from our systems.
Registering your interest/applications
In registering your interest or submitting an application to us, you allow us to process your personal data as part of our recruitment process. We then only store your details as agreed. It is marlies|dekkers policy not to request sensitive information from applicants via our website, and you will not need to submit sensitive information (e.g. racial/ethnic origin, political views, religious/philosophical convictions, membership of trade unions, health, sex life) when you register your interest or send your application to us. We always try to respond to applications as quickly as possible.
We use several types of cookies:
- Session cookies
These cookies are used to remember your preferences. They are deleted when you close your browser. For example: a cookie makes sure that your browser remembers what products you placed in your shopping bag throughout your session.
- Persistent cookies
These cookies are used to remember your preferences and behaviour. They expire automatically after a set time period, unless you delete them yourself. Cookies like these help us to personalize your shopping experience and ensure you are provided with correct and useful information during your visit.
- Analytics and tracking cookies
These cookies are used to remember your behaviour. The cookies expire automatically after a set time period, unless you delete them yourself. We use these cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics.
- Social cookies
These cookies are set by social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Fashiolista. The cookies expire automatically after a set time period, unless you delete them yourself. Cookies like these make it possible to share content from the marlies|dekkers webshop on your social network, e.g. liking it on Facebook or pinning it to Pinterest. These cookies are not set by the particular social network. You can check the individual privacy policies of these networks for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Disabling and deleting cookies
By using and browsing the marlies|dekkers webshop, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy which can be consulted here. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site. If you disable cookies on our webshop, essential parts of our site will not work or malfunction. Instructions for disabling and deleting cookies can usually be found in the browser 'Help' menu. For more information about cookies we encourage you to also visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
In order to receive information about your Personal Data, the purposes and the parties the Data is shared with, contact the Owner.
Owner and Data Controller
Types of Data collected
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- • Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- • provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- • processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- • processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- • processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- • Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- • Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
For specific information about the Personal Data used for each purpose, the User may refer to the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data”.
Facebook permissions asked by this Application
This Application may ask for some Facebook permissions allowing it to perform actions with the User's Facebook account and to retrieve information, including Personal Data, from it. This service allows this Application to connect with the User's account on the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook Inc.
The permissions asked are the following:
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. Certain connections of the User, such as the Friends, are also available. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- • Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- • Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- • Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- • Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- • Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- • Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- • Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- • Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Latest update: October 13, 2021
Dare to Be B.V.
3025 HC Rotterdam
Telephone: +31 (0)10 476 04 14
Company registration number: 585 730 89
VAT registration number: NL853094652B01
Back to top