Miljuschka’s wonderful watermelon salad
This watermelon and coconut salad recipe by Dutch kitchen goddess Miljuschka instantly makes me feel like I am having lunch at a tropical beach. Close enough! And the best part? Making it takes only 15 minutes. Click here for the original recipe in Dutch, and give it a try. Bon appétit!
– Half a watermelon
– 80g grated coconut
– A few sprigs of fresh mint
– 175g feta cheese
– 100ml cream
– 75g cream cheese
1. Mix the cream, the cream cheese and 75 grams of the feta cheese together to create a nice and creamy substance.
2. Use a melon baller to take bite-size pieces out of the watermelon. If you don’t have a melon baller, you can just cut the watermelon into cubes (or any bite-size shape you like, really. Feel free to get creative!).
3. Toast the coconut in a hot baking pan.
4. Time to plate! First, put the cream on the plate or in the bowl that you are using. Crumble half of the leftover feta cheese onto the cream, and top it with the toasted coconut. Finally, add the rest of the feta cheese and the watermelon and finish your salad with some fresh mint leaves.
That was easy, right? Enjoy your summery salad!
fall|winter 20 preview
In January, I presented my newest FW20 collection during a show full of dance and entertainment in Rotterdam. All my work as a feminist designer is inspired by muses, powerful female icons from past and present. And for FW20, my muse will be crime writer Agatha Christie. A few months from now, you will get to discover the collections, and see how they tell stories like Agatha’s thrilling books do..
Running for your life
Dr. Bram Bakker is a psychiatrist, a writer, a runner and a provocateur. With his many bestselling books and columns – and yes, even his own theatre show – he urges us to think outside the box when it comes to our mental health. Not crazy about popping pills? Bram shared some interesting alternatives with me, from throwing out our phones to running ‘till we puke’.
Peas & peppers instead of pills
General practitioner Tamara de Weijer believes that we would feel a lot better if we hit the produce stand before we visited the pharmacy. “On a massive scale, we have been putting the wrong kind of fuel in our bodies.”
Singles Day – You’ve Got this!
All the single ladies, listen up! With single women rapidly becoming the majority, it is high time to stop feeling singled out. This Singles Day, let’s celebrate our freedom and independence by sharing all those solo milestones that make us go: ‚You’ve got this!‘.